Pinterest Fall Fashion Contest: Enter to Win a $500 DownEast Basics Gift Card!
With cooler temperatures on the horizon, we’re looking forward to the change in fashion! From cozy sweaters to layered looks, we’re excited to share our new fall styles that incorporate the season’s hottest trends. To help you get into the fall spirit, we’re kicking off our “Fall Back to Basics with DownEast Basics” sweepstakes, our first-ever Pinterest contest! One lucky winner will receive a $500 gift card to help bring in the cooler temperatures with a new, fresh look.
We can’t wait to see your fall fashion favorites on Pinterest! The contest runs now through August 31, 2012 at 11:59 PM ET. Read below for the official rules. Happy pinning and good luck!
Official Sweepstakes Rules:
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, PINTEREST. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the contest must be directed to its sponsor, DownEast Basics, and not to Pinterest. Pinterest is a registered trademark of Cold Brew Labs, Inc. DBA Pinterest Corporation. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. The “Fall Back to Basics with DownEast Basics Sweepstakes” (the “contest”) starts at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) on August 10, 2012, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on August 31, 2012 (the “promotion period”). Eastern Time shall control for all purposes of this contest. The contest is governed by these Official Rules, and is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws, and provincial or territorial laws, and is void wherever prohibited by law.
1. ELIGIBILITY: No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of any of the 50 United States or D.C., who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of DownEast Basics (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members of each (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and or “step”) and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes).
In order to enter the contest or receive the prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules, all Pinterest terms and privacy terms at http://pinterest.com/about/terms (“Pinterest Terms”). By entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules, Pinterest Terms and the decisions of the sponsor, DownEast Basics, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter you must perform the following during the promotion period:
- Have or create a Pinterest account from http://pinterest.com and create a Pinterest pin board (the “Board”) by following the instructions on the Pinterest Platform. Title your board “Fall Back to Basics with DownEast Basics”. You must fill your board with content, including photographs, images, likenesses or other content, that you believe best represents your favorite fall clothing and accessories. Your board must include: (i) Minimum of ten (10) pins of a DownEast Basics product image which can be obtained from http://www.downeastbasics.com/, http://www.downeastbasicsblog.com/, or http://pinterest.com/downeastbasics/ – (ii) The following statement captioning each photo on pin board: “I’m pinning for a chance to win the DownEast Basics Fall Back to Basics Sweepstakes”. Failure to include this statement shall disqualify your entry. After entering the contest, you may continue to update and make changes to your board provided such updates and changes are made prior to the end of the promotion period.
- Once your pin board is created meeting the minimum requirements, using an official email address, email a link of your board to email@example.com with the subject title “Fall Back to Basics with DownEast Basics” – including your full name. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM ET, August 31, 2012. Limit one (1) entry (including board) per person per e-mail address throughout the promotion period. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entries submitted will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to submit the entry.
Board Content and Entry Requirements. By entering the contest and pinning to your board any board content, including photographs, images, likenesses or other content of anyone other than you, you represent and warrant that you have obtained the written consent or permission of that person to use his/her image or likeness, and that you will be able to provide that documentation to sponsor upon request. Any board content (including photographs, images, likenesses or other content) pinned to your board that, in sponsor’s sole discretion, (i) is obscene, profane, lewd or defamatory; (ii) violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, brand of any third person or entity; (iii) includes harassing or inappropriate content, a commercial solicitation or promotional materials; (iv) does not comply with the contest official rules or Pinterest’s terms; or (v) is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered by sponsor and sponsor may disqualify the entry.
ALL ENTRIES SUBJECT TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PINTEREST.COM (AS INTERPRETED AND IMPLEMENTED BY PINTEREST) AND THESE OFFICIAL RULES (AS INTERPRETED AND IMPLEMENTED BY SPONSOR).
3. JUDGING CRITERIA; WINNER SELECTION: The winner of the contest will be determined on or about September 1, 2012. The sponsor, DownEast Basics, shall identify the winner of the contest by use of a random selector program.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be notified by email, using the information provided on his/her entry, on or about September 10, 2012. Winner selection is under the supervision of sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. If entrant’s e-mail address changes after he/she enters the contest, it is the entrant’s sole responsibility to notify sponsor by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the end of the promotion period. The winner will have (10) ten days to reply and confirm acceptance of the prize. If (10) ten days have passed with no response from the selected winner, an alternate winner will be chosen.
5. PRIZES: The retail value (the “ARV”) of the prize is $500.00 and consists of a gift certificate for use in any DownEast Basics store or its website http://www.downeastbasics.com. There is a total of one (1) prize to be awarded to one (1) winner. No transfer, refund, substitution, or replacement of prizes permitted, except that sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). ARV of all prizes is in U.S. dollars.
6. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: Except where prohibited or restricted by law, winner’s acceptance of prize constitutes the winner’s agreement and consent for sponsor and its successors, assigns, transferees, licensees, and sublicensees to use, replicate, alter, publish, broadcast, translate, produce derivative works from, distribute, and exercise all copyright and other intellectual property rights with respect to the winner’s full name, city and state of residence, entry and board content, photographs or other likenesses, and/or statements made by winner regarding the contest or sponsor, worldwide, royalty-free and in perpetuity for any and all purposes. Personal information collected by sponsor will be used for administration of the contest and awarding the prize. Furthermore, by entering, entrants agree to DownEast Basics’ use of entrant’s personal information. DownEast Basics is not responsible for disclosures made by any third party. All entries become the property of sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned.
7. NO TAMPERING; RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest, or with any Web sites promoting the contest; (b) acting in violation of the official rules or Pinterest Terms; (c) Entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (d) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason. If sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the contest, sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the contest promotion, including the entire contest promotion, and/or modify the contest and/or select the winner to award the prize using all eligible entries received as of the termination date.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE: By participating in the contest, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless the sponsor, DownEast Basics, Pinterest and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, successors, employees, from any and all liability, for loss, harm (including emotional distress), damage, cost or expense whatsoever, which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any contest-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Entrants and winners acknowledge that releasees have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any representations or guarantees, expressed or implied, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, expressed warranties provided by the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or sponsor or releasees in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law.
10. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the contest is DownEast Basics, 375 W Hope Avenue, Salt Lake City, UT 84115.
***CONTEST NOW CLOSED – WINNER SELECTED!***
Congrats to Julie Jacobson!
Thanks to all who entered and be sure to check back soon for our next exciting contest!